Thursday, October 28, 2010

Changing One Thing at WSU

If I could change one thing about Wright State University it would have to be the parking. Parking isn’t a huge deal to most students around campus besides the commuters. Being a freshman commuter this year, a lot of times it is hard to find a parking spot with reasonable walking distance between your spot and your desired destination. Depending on the time that you pull into to Wright State, sometimes but not often, are there available spaces that you would actually want to park in. If I had to estimate, any time after 9 o’clock in the morning, you won’t find a suitable parking space. Although I do not know the exact percentage, I know that a high number of Wright State students commute, due to location of the college. If it were up to me I would construct bigger lots either on or very close to campus so that no student has to worry about leaving an hour early for his or her class just to able to park their vehicle. Aside of leaving early, I have been late for class two times, even leaving 30 minutes before class. The funny thing is I only live 5 minutes from Wright State. The two occasions that I was late to my first class was because I spent over 15 minutes just searching for a place to put my car. Another reason I think they need to grant every student with a satisfying parking spot is because we are paying almost 90 dollars a quarter just to be able to park on campus. Possibly within the next four years that I’m here, Wright State will take the time to either construct new lots or change who parks where.

1 comment:

  1. I picked that exact same thing to change. The parking lots are a pain.

    ReplyDelete