Thursday, October 21, 2010

Revising Process

After revising and having my classmates edit my paper I felt very strong about my first draft. There were only a few mistakes on my original draft which makes me feel a lot of confidence toward my writing. Drafting a paper is extremely important. It allows student the opportunity to fix grammatical, vocabulary, and punctuation errors. Other than fixing others’ mistakes, every individual also can take the time to notice the mistakes that maybe they themselves have put toward their paper. Along with learning from it, revision also allows us to obviously perfect our essays, journals, and letters. Drafting undoubtedly has changed the way I write. Learning from experience is a huge part of life, and on a smaller scale, it is incorporated into simple writing techniques. Our writing slowly evolves through the process of revision. Aside of peer edits, the edits done by Mrs. Barker are the most helpful (mostly because she is our instructor). The comments written in red ink definitely help pull our pieces in a direction that some people may have never thought possible. Revising papers can be somewhat difficult at times. A lot of students take it for granted, however, not understanding that they can help themselves out just as much as their peers. Other than not being totally confident in my comma placement, revision isn’t that unbearable. Overall, revision has helped my writing evolve, and hopefully, it will continue to do just that. I want to continue to adjust the writing of other people as long as they do the same in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment