Friday, September 17, 2010

Sky Might Fall

In one year, a person hears a lot of music in his or her life. In the past year, one of the songs I’ve grown to love is “Sky Might Fall” by Kid Cudi. Kid Cudi (Scott Mescudi) is a Brooklyn based rapper that has an immense amount of success. He was born into a lot of hardships as a child growing up in Cleveland. Cudi is my favorite musician at the moment and I don’t really see my view changing. The picture he paints with his music, along with his inspiring story on his climb to success deserve recognition. The particular song I chose is on Kid Cudi’s debut album, Man on the Moon. The creativity that went into the production and vocals on this specific song, along with the entire album is truly unexplainable. “Sky Might Fall” is aimed at individuals who examine and analyze our world from a different perspective, far away from the average, everyday illusion of ideality. You can really tell in this song he tries to express what he believes is true in order to influence and inspire. In general, the song is targeted toward people around my age or perhaps younger. It is talking to anyone who simply asks “why”. This particular song would fall under the genre of Hip-Hop, as would the rest of Cudi’s music. His music (including this song) is definitely changing the way people view Hip-Hop as a whole. He’s extremely creative, intriguing, and new. This melody makes me think and definitely keeps my attention anytime it’s played. I don’t know if it would necessarily require a stance, I just really enjoy the use of words along with production. You can hear ths song by clicking this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwI3CS2CHE8

No comments:

Post a Comment